This article describes our support policy for Java (JDK/JRE) included in SVF and SPA products.
We carry out quality assurance for SVF and SPA products with Oracle JDK as well as following operating system & JDK combinations. Our technical support service for SVF and SPA is provided only when customers use our products with these combinations.
Supported JDK versions other than Oracle JDK and operating systems are as follow:
- Open JDK 8 or earlier: Red Hat OpenJDK on Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Open JDK 11 or later: Oracle Open JDK on Windows and Red Hat OpenJDK on Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- IBM Java on Windows and IBM AIX (System P)
We've not conducted quality assurance on other operating systems. However, we will provide support as far as versions of SVF/SPA, IBM Java and the operating systems are supported by each manufacturers.
- HP Java on HP-UX (IPF)
- If the root of cause resides in Java, we may ask customers to contact Java provider for investigation.
- Even if the root of cause resides in Java, we will try to find out any workaround but we may not be able to provide it.
Support for SVF/SPA which bundles old version of Java
Some SVF and SPA products may bundle old version of Java (JRE) which is no longer supported by Oracle. WingArc continues to provide technical support for SVF and SPA but may ask customers to upgrade the old version of Java to newer one when any issues are detected in the old version of Java.
We will provide technical support if the version of the Oracle JRockit is compatible Java SE. We don't carry out any quality assurance for SVF with Oracle JRockit but will try to find out any workaround if any issues are detected.
We will not support SVF products when Java version is no longer supported by manufacturer except for following:
- if SVF has bundled the old version of Java
- if SVF requires the old version of Java for a specific function.
We will release any patches if the root of cause resides in SVF/SPA products.