Last Updated: 9/Aug/2019
All models of Dr. Sum Ver. 5.1
When you upgrade Dr. Sum EA 4.1 or 4.2 to Ver. 5.1 and roll it back for some reasons, you may encounter "80071001 Failed to execute Python code" error. As a result, you may fail to connect to the database. This error occurs when all of following conditions are met:
- In-place upgrade (upgrade is done on the same server).
- Upgrade from Dr. Sum EA 4.1 or 4.2.
- Upgrade is done as instructed in Dr. Sum 5.1 System Migration Guide.
How to Fix
Please restore backup database in either of followings:
Replace database folder
- Stop Dr. Sum EA 4.x Server service.
- Move a folder where database is archived to any other location and copy backup database folder back. Ensure that names for database and backup database folder are identical.
- Start Dr. Sum EA 4.x Server service.
Remove existing database and bind backup database
- Start Dr. Sum EA 4.x Server service if it's stopped.
- Ensure that names for database and backup database folder are identical.
- Launch Enterprise Manager.
- Right-click the database in left pane in Databases tab and click Properties. Memorize all settings and values in Database Properties and click Cancel.
- Right-click the database and click Database - Delete Entry Only.
- Ensure that Delete group permission check box is ticked off and click OK.
- Right-click blank area in left pane and click Database - Add Existing Database.
- Specify database location in Directory.
- Ensure memory sizes and checkbox settings are identical to what you checked in Step 4.
- Click OK.
We've revised an instruction for migration not to cause the error. The revised instruction can be found here.