Last Sunday, 2018/05/13, an issue occurred preventing VyNDEX users from logging in to their production version of Salesforce via the VyNDEX UI.
(Note: Sandbox users were unaffected by this issue.)
We have since determined the cause and have released a module fixing this issue.
What: User's can't login to Salesforce via VyNDEX
When: 12th May, 2018 - 14th May, 2018 @ 04:08AM
Cause: Incompatibilities with changes on Salesforce login mechanisms
Fix: Add-in fixing the issue has been released
There are two ways to update your VyNDEX add-in to the latest version:
A) Manual Download Page
- Follow the link: http://page.1st.wingarc.com/e/151461/download-index-html/nfh13/127583080
- Download and run the installer.
- Follow the text prompt to complete installation.
B) Update via Salesforce
- Go to the VyNDEX add-in and click the Options button.
- On the Options screen, click [Connection]
- Uncheck the option [Use Salesforce log in screen]
- Follow the on-screen prompt to complete installation.
If the issue remains even after updating to the latest version of VyNDEX, you may need to edit your system registry.
(Caution: Consult with your system admin first before perform the steps below.)
- Launch Registry Editor by typing [regedit] on the Search bar next to the Start button.
- Go to the following key folder:
- Double click on the key named [Excel.exe] and make sure it contains the following values:
Value Type: DWORD (32-bit) Value
Value Data: 270f
Note: If the key does not exist, add it by right-clicking on the system registry window, and select
the value type specified above.