Last Updated: 28/Feb/2017
Question: VyNDEX tab disappeared from Excel. VyNDEX add-in is now listed in Disabled Application Add-ins. It seems VyNDEX is disabled. How can I fix it?
Answer: This issue may occur when VyNDEX crashed for some reason or Windows Update failed on the PC where VyNDEX is running. To fix the issue, please do following:
1. Open Excel and select File - Options - Add-ins.
2. Select Disabled Items in the Manage drop down and click Go button.
3. Select "Add-in:vyndex (file://c:....)" in Disabled Items dialog box and click Enable and click Close.
4. VyNDEX now shows in Inactive Application Add-ins.
5. Click COM Add-ins in Manage drop down and click Go.
6. Select checkbox next to VyNDEX and click OK.
7. Restart Excel.