Last Updated on 23/July/2019
It was reported that Antimalware Service Executable in Windows Defender on Windows Server 2016 may cause performance decline.
We observed the performance decline when creating SVF form in basic mode and outputting it with EMF model on Windows Server 2016. This issue reproduces regardless of format, the number of pages, or the number of threads. We didn't see any degradation with the same environment on Windows Server 2012 R2.
According to Microsoft's investigation, the product decline occurs due to interference of Antimalware Service Executable which is one of services in Windows Defender on Windows Server 2016. As of Oct, 2017, Microsoft has not fixed the issue and no plan to address the issue. We strongly recommend you use another security software and disable Windows Defender as follows:
- Push Windows key and R key to open Run window.
- Enter "Gpedit.msc" and hit Return.
- Go to Computer Configuration - Administrative Template - Windows Components - Endpoint Protection
- Double-click Disable Endpoint Protection.
- Select Enable and click OK.