***** For Maintenance Agreement Holders *****
| See the following for combinations of OS and versions of our products that allow use of Java 8.
Which versions of Java VM are supported?
In our comparative performance evaluation (parallel printing of form output - executed six times) of Java 7 and Java 8 in the same environment, we confirmed the following points regarding a switch from Java 7 to Java 8 when using Oracle Java 8 64-bit in an Intel Xeon E3 or older generation environment.
- In both Windows and Linux environments, the processing time for DotPrinter models is not constant, and the performance can be over two times higher than with Java 7.
- In Window environments, ART4/LIPS4 models for graphic mode forms have a constant processing time, but the performance is lowered.
The issues above do not occur when using Oracle Java 8 64-bit in an Intel Xeon E5 or E7 environment, or when using Oracle Java 8 32-bit in an Intel Xeon E3 or older generation environment.
For customers using SVF with Java 8, we provide the measurement results of our evaluation of Oracle Java 7 and Java 8 in Xeon E3 and Xeon E5 environments (that the performance is lowered) as appendix materials for your reference. We will continue to perform evaluations and continually revise appendix materials to reflect the results of those evaluations.
Revision History Date
|10/14/2015|| Added measurement results for Linux environment
- Measurement results for both Xeon E3 and E5 on DotPrinter (ESCP/IBM5577) models
|11/6/2015|| Added measurement results for Windows environment
- Measurement results for Xeon E7
- Measurement results per thread heap on DotPrinter (PR201) models
(Updated on July 27th, 2015)